The phone lock code prevents others from accessing the contents of your phone (such as pictures and messages). When the phone lock code is turned on, it needs to be used every time you turn on your phone and when it has been in sleep mode.
1. Find "Face ID & Passcode"
Press Face ID & Passcode.
2. Turn on use of phone lock code
Press Turn Passcode On and key in a phone lock code of your own choice twice.
3. Turn deletion of data on or off
Press the indicator next to "Erase Data" to turn the function on or off.
If you turn on the function, press Enable.
4. Turn off use of phone lock code
Press Turn Passcode Off and key in the phone lock code.
5. Return to the home screen
Slide your finger upwards starting from the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen.